Visit James and Anne Hubbell’s acclaimed home and art studio in Julian, CA.
We offer small-group docent-led tours on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays in SPRING (May and June), and in the FALL (September through November) ON SALE NOW. Please join us for these limited tour events, where you will enjoy the story of the art and architecture, family life and the inspired art created here. Can’t make a scheduled tour date? Private tours are available for groups of 10 or more. Contact us for price and availability.
Tours are limited in size to enhance your experience and to ensure current Covid protocols are honored. Driving and parking directions will be emailed 1 week prior to your tour. Reservations are required.
Autum Open House Tour Dates On Sale Now
Make Your Reservation Today!
- Saturday Sept 24
- Monday Sept 26
- Friday Oct 7
- Saturday Oct 8
- Monday Oct 10
- Friday Oct 21
- Saturday Oct 22
- Monday Oct 24
- Friday Nov 4
- Saturday Nov 5
- Monday Nov 7
• $200 per car admits and includes up to 2 adults
• $75 for each additional passengers
• Limit 5 passengers per car
• 1 Family Membership
• A special “Thank you” gift from our gift shop
• One year of unlimited streaming access to our 2020 Open House Online Virtual Tour
• Voucher for a slice of Mom’s Apple Pie (Autumn Tours only)
Joining us for a tour?
To ensure a pleasant experience, here’s what to expect…
- The terrain on the grounds is uneven with inclines. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring your camera, photography is allowed, and you will want to take pictures!
- Sorry, pets are NOT allowed.
- There is a rest room on the property.
- There is limited seating available on the property.
- This tour is NOT recommended for those who have difficulty walking, or use a walker, cane, or wheelchair.
- There is NO SMOKING anywhere on the property.
- Water and light refreshments are available. For lunch, please visit on of the fine eateries in nearby Wynola or 5 miles down the road in Julian.
- Driving directions and parking instructions will be emailed to ticket holders before the event.
SHOPPING and FOOD: We encourage you to visit the many unique shops at Julian Station. There are also have three eateries in Wynola. All are open most days for lunch and dinner, however due to new distancing practices, please check with individual establishments for hours and accessibility before you make plans.
Heroes Woodfired Pizza 4355 Highway 78 (in the Julian Station)
Jeremy’s on the Hill 4354 Highway 78
Mom’s Pie House 2119 Main Street in Julian and 4510 Highway 78 in Wynola
VISITING JULIAN: Historic Julian is a mere five miles further east on Highway 78. There are restaurants, shops, art galleries, and activities most days with special events on the weekends. Visit http://www.julianca.com to learn more.
WHERE TO BUY JAMES HUBBELL ART: Some artwork is available for sale at the Ilan-Lael property and online at our Hubbell Gallery. Please inquire if you see something of interest. James is also represented by the Santa Ysabel Gallery. Please stop by to see more of James’ work including paintings, pen and ink, sculpture, and stained glass.
Santa Ysabel Gallery (the white cottage at the NE corner of the intersection of Highways 78 and 79 in Santa Ysabel).
30352 Hwy 78, Santa Ysabel, CA 92070