Visit James and Anne Hubbell’s acclaimed home and art studio at the Ilan-Lael Foundation. Two docent-led tours will be held each day over the weekend. Tour guides will share with you the story of the art and architecture during this glorious Fall season.
Autumn 2021 Tours are over, but please join our email list to be notified when our Spring Open House dates are available.
Joining us for Autumn Open House?
To ensure a pleasant experience, here’s what to expect…
- The terrain on the grounds is uneven with inclines. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended.
- Bring your camera, photography is allowed, and you will want to take pictures!
- Sorry, pets are NOT allowed.
- There is a rest room on the property.
- There is limited seating available on the property.
- This tour is not recommended for those who have difficulty walking. Visitors must be able to enter and exit our shuttle vans in order to reach the property.
- There is NO SMOKING anywhere on the property.
- Water and light refreshments are available, but if you are planning a larger meal, please visit on of the fine eateries in nearby Wynola or 5 miles down the road in Julian.
- Driving directions and parking instructions will be emailed to ticket holders before the event.
SHOPPING and FOOD: We encourage you to visit the many unique shops at Julian Station. There are also have three eateries in Wynola. All are open most days for lunch and dinner, however due to new distancing practices, please check with individual establishments for hours and accessibility before you make plans.
Wynola Pizza 4355 Highway 78 (in the Julian Station)
Jeremy’s on the Hill 4354 Highway 78
Mom’s Pie House 2119 Main Street in Julian and 4510 Highway 78 in Wynola
VISITING JULIAN: Historic Julian is a mere five miles further east on Highway 78. There are restaurants, shops, art galleries, and activities most days with special events on the weekends. Visit http://www.julianca.com to learn more.
WHERE TO BUY JAMES HUBBELL ART: Some artwork is available for sale at the Ilan-Lael property and online at our NEW Hubbell Gallery. Please inquire if you see something of interest. James is also represented by the Santa Ysabel Gallery. Please stop by to see more of James’ work including paintings, pen and ink, sculpture, and stained glass.
Santa Ysabel Gallery (the white cottage at the NE corner of the intersection of Highways 78 and 79 in Santa Ysabel).
30352 Hwy 78, Santa Ysabel, CA 92070