Learning the basics of an ancient art form and practice at the beautiful Ilan-Lael Art Center!
Natural Dyes are popular right now and for all the right reasons!
An ancient and eco-centered craft, Natural Dyes offer the creative a place to connect with the beauty and bounty of our planet’s rich offerings while creating with color and using our hands and minds to refresh our homes, our wardrobes and create one-of-a-kind palettes.
At this hands-on workshop you’ll learn how to confidently approach this practice so you’ll be ready to continue on your own in the future. If you’ve ever looked into using Natural Dyes, you may have been intimidated by the many facets of the process (e.g. so many fiber types; why do we scour; what’s mordant; how to figure out quantities…). We’ll cover them all in great detail so you can get to creating with natural color today.
In this workshop we’ll cover:
* a brief history of natural color;
* the unique habits of different fiber types;
* how to mordant;
* natural dye preparation;
* natural dye process;
* resting & rinsing.
EACH STUDENT WILL RECEIVE:
* “Intro to Natural Dyes” booklet
* Samples from the dye pots
* 3 Scarves to dye (your choice: Chiffon Silk, Habotai Silk, or Rayon-Bamboo)
* Extra scarves, natural dye & mordant will be on-hand in case you would like to purchase for future fun!
PERFECT FOR :: A DIY-Learning Opportunity, Friend’s-Fun-Date, Creative and Eco Living Experience!
3-person minimum. You’ll receive a full refund if we do not meet the minimum.
Feel Free to call (760) 765-3427 for questions