Friday, May 14, 2021
10:00 am – 3:00 pm
This event is FREE to our area’s frontline healthcare workers—doctors, nurses, aids, janotors, anyone who works in the San Diego areas’s frontline COVID units.
It is a day-long retreat designed to help heal and inspire, rest, relax, and re-charge, all whilesurrounded by art and nature in the beautiful setting of Ilan-Lael!
The day includes:
- Docent-led Tour the Hubbell studios and art-filled grounds
- Healthy lunch al fresco
- Art Therapy, a fun creative art project led by one of our local artists
- “Let’s Talk” Group discussion with author and therapist Cathy Conheim, LCSW
Help Sponsor this Retreat
Attendees for the first Healing the Healers retreat included San Diego Medical Society President, Holly B. Yang, MD, (far left) and a team of frontline nurses from the Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center Covid Ward. PHOTO: Marianne Gerdes
The healing power of art. PHOTO: Laurie Dietter
Local artist Timothy Hinchliff led the group art therapy activity, making prayer arrows. PHOTO: Laurie Dietter
Executive Director Marianne Gerdes led the tour of the grounds and buildings of Ilan-Lael. PHOTO: Laurie Dietter
Learn more about Healing the Healers Retreats
Parking for this event, 930 Orchard Lane, Julian, CA 92036. Detailed driving and parking instructions will be sent via email prior to the event.
What will I see on the tour?
Our tour is a docent-guided walking tour of the Ilan-Lael property, a 10-acre compound comprised of nine unique and hand-made structures. The tour provides access to the organic garden and structures that comprise the home and art studios created by artist James Hubbell. View Grounds Map.
Do I need to bring anything?
We will have coffee, fruit, light snacks upon arrival. Lunch is provided. (Regular and vegetarian options will be available.) If you have specific dietary needs feel free to bring your personal meal.
Due to the historic nature of th private home, not all buildings have ramps and handicap access. This tour is not recommended for those who have difficulty walking. Paths are not paved, and some buildings are accessible only by steps and/or stairs.
- Photography is allowed.
- Pets are not allowed.
- Terrain is uneven with inclines. Sturdy walking shoes with closed toes are recommended.
- Casual clothes, athleisure wear, and layers are recommended.
- Shoes with a lugged or tread sole are suggested if you will be participating in the nature walk
- Sunblock and a hat are recommended.
- No smoking anywhere on the property.
- All COVID precautions are observed. Masks are mandatory.
Date: May 14, 2021
Start time: 10:00 a.m. PDT
End time: 04:00 p.m. PDT
Directions: Ilan-Lael Foundation
930 Orchard Lane, Julian, CA 92036