Saturday October 21, 2017
Morning tour: 10am – 12:00pm
Afternoon tour: 1:00pm – 3:00pm
Autumn is the perfect time to visit the East County to enjoy fall colors, apple pie, and James Hubbell’s art and architectural masterpiece, Ilan-Lael. Our Autumn Open house is a docent-led tour that gives you the human stories of how and why this historically-designated property grew to become one of the most beloved places in southern California. Tickets are limited. Get yours today!
General Admission: $50 per person
Seniors (65 and older): $40 per person
Students & Military (with valid i.d.) $30 per person
Children 12 and under FREE!!
Please call 760-765-3427 for more information.
About Ilan-Lael Tours:
Thank you for your interest in touring Ilan-Lael, the home and art studios of James and Anne Hubbell. The property known as Ilan-Lael is a historically designated site. To ensure a pleasant experience, please read through the tour guidelines below:
TOURS: With the exception of our annual Open House, most tours are docent-guided and include access to the grounds, the organic garden, and eight structures that comprise the living areas and art studios created by artist James Hubbell. Each tour lasts from 45 minutes to 1 hour. An additional 30 minutes is allowed for free exploration of the site.
- Photography is allowed.
- Pets are NOT allowed.
- There is a rest room on the property.
- There is limited seating available on the property.
- This tour is NOT recommended for those who have difficulty walking. The buildings do not have ramps or handicap access. Paths are not paved and some buildings are accessible only by steps and/or stairs. Visitors must be able to enter and exit our shuttle vans in order to reach the property.
- Terrain is uneven with inclines. Sturdy walking shoes are recommended.
- No smoking anywhere on the property.
- Please respect your surroundings. Do not pick flowers, fruits, or plants on the property. Stay within the maintained grounds, as there are poison oak plants and wild animals, including rattlesnakes, in the area.
PARKING: Please park your car and catch the shuttle at the large sign in the front parking lot of:
4470 Highway 78
Santa Ysabel, CA 92070
When possible, please carpool!
SHOPPING/FOOD: We encourage you to visit the many unique shops at Julian Station. We also have two fine restaurants in Wynola:
WYNOLA PIZZA KITCHEN JEREMY’S ON THE HILL
4355 Hwy 78 4354 Hwy 78
Wynola, CA Wynola, CA
Both are open most days for lunch and dinner.
VISITING JULIAN, CA: Historic Julian is a mere five miles further east on Hwy 78. There are restaurants, art galleries and activities most days, with special events on the weekends. Visit http://www.julianca.com for information about events and activities.
WHERE TO BUY JAMES HUBBELL ART: Some artwork is available for sale at the Ilan-Lael property. Please inquire if you see something of interest. James is also represented by the Santa Ysabel Gallery. Please stop by to see more of James’ work including paintings, pen and ink, sculpture, and stained glass.
Santa Ysabel Gallery
30352 Hwy 78
Santa Ysabel, CA 92070
(the white cottage at the NE corner of the intersection of Hwy 78 and 79 in Santa Ysabel).
FOR MORE INFORMATION about James Hubbell and the Ilan-Lael Foundation please browse our website: http://www.ilanlaelfoundation.org.